Friday, June 18, 2010

Black Success - Have you Heard?

I had a friend call me and ask me why I posted the "War for your Soul" video instead of something more positive such as the one you will read below. I thought he made a very good point, it is easy to focus on the PROBLEMS in the Black community but perhaps we need to begin to put more energy into the stories of SUCCESS rather than always highlighting our FAILURES.

So here is something we can be proud of as a community ...

Gatwick Airport is now owned by a Black man. Nigerian born Adebayo Ogunlesi purchased the international airport in London, England for over 1.5 billion pounds.

The question that most people are asking is "why wasn't this covered by the media?" There was no media coverage, BBC nor CNN covered this story.

Watch the video below, it is one of TWO online news story I could find on this event:




No comments:

Post a Comment